Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Review of A Cowboy's Touch by Denise Hunter

Abigail Jones takes a summer job as a nanny only to discover that she is working for a man that the news media has been looking for. It’s the story that will save her job as a magazine journalist, if she can get the story without revealing who she is. A Cowboy’s Touch by Denise Hunter is a romance set on a ranch in Montana. It isn’t the kind of story I would typically buy, but Denise sent me a copy after I participated in a picture caption contest. I must say that I was pleasantly surprised. It was a very enjoyable read.

I noticed several similarities in this story to the story in Searching For Mom and Mother Not Wanted, so you can imagine that it would be easy for me to slip into the environment of this story. In particular, this story involves a single parent with an eleven-year-old child. That is about the same age as the girls in those two stories.

It is a Christian romance, so the book as all of the romance elements you would expect with hints of a growing relationship with God, but the rest of the story is well developed. So, while I’m not qualified to speak on their behalf, I think this book will be a real treat for Christian romance readers.

1 comment :

Denise Hunter said...

Thanks for the nice review, Timothy. Glad you enjoyed the story.